You will need:
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- c. 1 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. of cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- c. 15 oz. of uncooked elbow pasta
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven.
2. Add garlic, onion, and ground beef. Cook until browned (crumble the beef as it cooks), about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in pasta and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
5. Remove Dutch oven from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted.
6. Serve and enjoy! This makes enough to feed about six adults, I think.