I got this recipe from Pinterest, and whoa momma is it good! I'm definitely making this at Thanksgiving this year!
You will need:
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 cup of brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 4 tbsp. of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
2. Grease a 9x13 pan and pour batter into pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of flour, and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. For the glaze, combine 1/2 cup of brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
5. When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the cake in a zig-zag pattern. Serve cake warm!